Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rat Race

This presidential election is obviously one of the most important presidential elections that the United States has ever experienced. I have been anticipating a close race for months, but a recent Gallup Poll completely changed my mind. The poll was taken this past week and projected that  Obama had 47 % of the vote while McCain had 45 % of the vote. I was not alarmed by the statistics, until I saw that the margin of error was + or - 2% . This is not a close presidential race. This race is dead even. 
To be quite honest, both the severity of this election combined with the uncertainty of a clear leader completely scares me to death. I am not going to directly state my political views, but I am going to say that if change is not brought to the White House, America is going to be put on a fast track to undeniable destruction, the economy to going to dwindle down to nothing, and I might consider moving to Canada. If we want to improve America's likability, the same man has to stop being elected into the White House. Our country is starving for diversity and change, and when I say diversity I do not take the gender or race of a vice presidential candidate into consideration. 
During the month of November, I will looking at the citizens of the United States with a critical eye. I have extremely high expectations for the youth of America to step up, do their part, and vote. I know I am. 
Hoping That the United States Does Not Get Re -Colonized By the British,
Samantha

No comments: