Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sloppy Series

I'm officially on my reading kick again, but this time I did not stick with my plan and begin reading Rant. My latest reading conquest is a book entitled Fourth Comings, buy Megan McCafferty, and is part of a series that begins with the novel Sloppy Firsts. I decided to finally read this series of books because all of my peers read these novels in middle school. By my senior year of high school, I still felt extremely out of the loop and was sick of hearing all of the inside references made about situations in the novels. I quickly decided that I was going to read this series no matter how long the reading took me. 
Before I began reading the series, I was skeptical as to if I was going to enjoy books that my peers loved in middle school. Shortly after I began reading the first book, I was thankful for waiting to read these novels because the middle school version of myself wold have not been able to fully understand the humor and  that was planted in the pages. I felt as if I had hit the "reading jackpot" when I began reading the second novel at the end of my senior year because life paralleled the fictional series. The main character in the series was graduating high school at the same time that I was preparing to graduate high school as well. 
I am  enjoying the latest novel in the series. My only complaint is that the book takes place over the time span of a week, rather that a year. 
So here is my advice to the world. Do not read the Sloppy First series until you are at least a junior in high school!
Thanking My Lazy Middle School Self,
Samantha

No comments: