Sunday, November 16, 2008

assignment fifteen....

Personally, there is nothing worse/scary/makes me want to vomit more than advising and picking out class schedules. ( shutters) Literally I an unable to think of anything that can possibly help the process and put students at ease when it comes to picking out schedules. I think the best thing that an advisor can to to ease the scheduling process is not get stressed out when a student comes for help. Yes, advisers are human too, but when I see an advisor stressing over advising i literally feel like my world is going to come to an end. 
I think the worst part about advising and picking out schedules is that it forces students to try and visualize their future, something that stresses me out to no end. Every time I have to construct a new schedule, I begin to think about the amount of work I have to finish to graduate OCC, then I think about transferring and then I vomit. An advisor that eases my stress would make the process extremely easy and might I say enjoyable?... maybe.
Delighted that my schedule picking is over,
Samantha

No comments: