Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lets give thanks!... quickly

O man. I love Thanksgiving. It seems nearly impossible to pick my favorite thing about it. If I absolutely had to choose, my favorite thing about thanksgiving would have to be being able to binge eat without judgement. On any other day out of the year, my family, or anyone else for that matter would look at me in total disgust if I went to the table for thirds and then followed it up with an entire pie. On Thanksgiving, I can eat an entire flock of turkeys with no repercussions. Other than being completely obese, I love Thanksgiving because it is a quick introduction into Christmas. And Christmas clearly better than anything in the world ( I haven't experienced any other holiday around Christmas so that is a biased opinion ... my apologies). Its over and done with in a heartbeat. Think about it. Thanksgiving is and practice round for Christmas dinner; at least for me. All the stress of cooking for Christmas already occurred during Thanksgiving. Seriously, Santa even appears at the end of the Thanksgiving parade to signify the end of the pre-holiday. Unfortunately, I am 99% sure I have to work on Thanksgiving. Who goes to a bar  on Thanksgiving? Who? I'm still going to binge eat. 
There is no better way to celebrate a mass killing of native Americans than turkey and pie,
Samantha

No comments: