Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blister From Hell

The past few days have sucked with a capital S. Sucked. 

Monday: I wake up late for school and I don't want to go ( beastie boy reference). Late, I mean I have ten minutes to get up, get dressed, and drag myself to school. In the process of trying to reduce the afro on my head, I forget to turn my hair straighter off and left on and plugged in ALL DAY. My last morning class ended at 1045, so I decided to go back home to Manahawkin before I had to attend class at 6pm. After I got home, I did some of my homework, at lunch, cleaned, and finally got ready for class (which I was dreading). I was late once again so in my rush to try to reduce the rats nest of what I call my hair, I grab the inside of my straightener and clamped my finger in the middle of the two plates ( no, I didn't know that it was hot until after I burned my finger). I immediately screamed and threw it on the ground. My mother then screamed from the other room telling me to get "that hot thing off my wood floors." Instead of class, I went to the ER where I as told not to pop the giant blister that developed on my finger. UGH.

Tuesday: I have a stat test on Friday, I write with my boo boo hand so it looks like I am in kindergarten, and my blister is so big that I can use it as a ruler. Seriously, its an inch long. O yea, being a waitress was great. Along with the stress that I already have to deal with at work, I had to pay extra attention to my blistering wound. It would have been really embarrassing if my band-aid fell in a plate of nachos. 

Today: 
Josh: "Can I see your straightener, I don't feel like going back to work."

No comments: