Tuesday, October 7, 2008

After the re-write........

To be completely honest, a minor in-class spaz attack took over when that I saw that I received an 8 out of 10 on the first essay.  Although I felt as if the directions were perfectly clear, it became increasingly less difficult to stray away from the original subject matter once I began to write the essay. I decided to write about Barack Obama because I felt that an abundance of information that supported my argument would not be difficult to find. Once I began to write the paper, I quickly realized that almost too much evidence and support of my topic existed. The main problem that I had with writing the paper was that I simply could not narrow down the points that I wanted to prove. When I finally narrowed down the specific points I wanted to discuss, I seemed to have strayed away from the original purpose of the paper. Essentially, the directions did not cause difficulties in writing the paper; my inability to narrow down a broad subject matter caused trouble.
Also wishing that I wrote the original heading in MLA format,
Samantha

No comments: