Friday, October 3, 2008

Comments on a not so tragic ending....

After witnessing last night's VP debates, or should I say possibly presidential debates, I was not only annoyed at a number of comments made, I found the  media's overall feelings towards the debates to be quite interesting. I want to first start by saying that the only criticism that I am going to mention about Sara Palin , for this blog at least, is that she criticized Obama for voting along party lines throughout his entire career. Um, Hello?  That is what a politician supposed to do. Yes, I know that she was trying to make that point that she would vote for anything that would improve the welfare of the American people but, and correct me if I'm wrong, when in the history of Palin's career did she vote against her party lines in order to improve the well being of the highly populated state of Alaska? Last time I checked, everyone, especially the people of Alaska, liked the polar bear.
What interested me the most about last night's debates was the media's post comments on the event. Basically, the entire nation tuned in to watch a train wreck take place. News  stations seemed to be prepared to cover all the mistakes that were supposed to be made, but were not prepared to witness an "uneventful" debate take place. I felt as if the American public was disappointed in both candidates because no one crashed and burned. Why do we love tragedy? I  have to admit, a complete breakdown of either candidate, preferably the candidate who has something against the furry white snow mammals that populate cold areas,  would have made excellent television. 
Off to fill my brain with tragic events taking place on The Hills,
Samantha

No comments: