Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Swear......

In light of the discussion of "picking our own topics" for the next essay, I feel as if I should share what I always wanted to write about ( it has nothing to do with the next chapter). I've always wanted to write a paper on "what makes a word a "BAD WORD." Yes, I'm giving the world more evidence to support the fact that I'm totally insane. I've discussed this with one of my best friends Katie on multiple occasions. What about the word A$$ makes it so offensive that "butt" has to be substituted in place of it? Who decided that these words were inappropriate and offensive? What the F*#(@?! 
Parents can be extremely hypocritical at times. I find nothing more hilarious when the young child of parents "who swear" starts to say S#%$. How on earth can a parent yell at their child for swearing if every other word out of their moth is a "BAD Word."EVERYONE on the face of the Earth laughs when a two year-old says S#%$. Those who don't laugh that clearly have no sense of humor. And, wow, revelation; what age is it appropriate for people to start saying "inappropriate swear words?" 
I have no F$%&ing clue,
Samantha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it as a topic. I wonder if I can incorporate it in somewhere....